REVISION RHINOPLASTY - THE ART OF BUILDING THE NOSE
Friday May 8th, 2015
Rhinoplasty may seem like it would be simpler than your first rhinoplasty procedure, but in most cases it is more difficult.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular and challenging procedures that exists in the world of plastic surgery today. Its goal is to obtain an improvement in the appearance of the nose without diminishing necessary support, but even some of the most qualified plastic surgeons do not provide their patients with the best results the first time. This forces some individuals to seek a revision rhinoplasty from surgeons that are more experienced in order to improve the unsatisfactory results of their first rhinoplasty.
In people who want revision rhinoplasty, scar tissue will be present in their nose from the first surgery. Cartilage and bone have been removed or altered which may cause the following results:
∙ Loss of support in the bridge and tip of the nose
∙ Breathing problems
∙ Asymmetrical nose shape
All of these complications must be taken into consideration when a revision rhinoplasty is performed.
Cartilage is usually needed to rebuild the framework and improve asymmetries. Cartilage taken from the septum can be shaped into grafts to improve the support and shape of the tip and bridge of the nose. If no septal cartilage is available, ear cartilage can be used in some circumstances. When structural support is needed in several areas, rib cartilage is the best option, primarily using donor (cadaver) cartilage.
Dr. Young's approach to revision rhinoplasty involves creating a nose that is natural in appearance and in shape. His knowledge and decades of experience in revision rhinoplasty has enabled him to give many patients a nose that is in better harmony with the rest of the face.
Dr. Young is board certified by some of the most exclusive groups in plastic and reconstructive surgery, including:
∙ The American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto)
∙ The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS)
∙ Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
To learn more about the rhinoplasty revision procedure or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Young, please call (615) 321-5505 today.
THE KEY INGREDIENT TO SKIN CARE
Wednesday March 25th, 2015
In order to maintain a healthy, radiant complexion, the skin must be provided with proper nutrition. At the Young Skin Care Center we offer high-quality products that can be combined with treatments, such as BOTOX® or Radiesse™, for long-lasting facial rejuvenation and healthy skin. Our skin care line, Young Skin Science, offers a range of cleansers, moisturizers, and creams to improve your skin tone and texture, which may significantly decrease the appearance of fine lines.
During a consultation, our skin care specialist and senior licensed aesthetician, Olesa Chernish, can determine which products will be the most effective for your skin type. She will develop a regimen for your complete skin care that will give you healthy, beautiful skin. The cleansers from Young Skin Science range from hydrating to treating, and there are several different moisturizers to correct conditions such as chapped skin or to provide firming with hyaluronic acid. Our eye creams can improve the appearance of visible vessels and wrinkles. These products can be combined with one or both of our two essential products to achieve invigorated, beautiful skin.
● The first of our essential products is (four percent) hydroquinone for correcting dark spots and discolorations at the cellular level. This bleaching product is used to lighten areas of darkened skin, such as age spots, acne scars, and freckles, by targeting the cells that over-produce pigment.
● Our other essential product is prescription Vital A Fusion (a Retin-A mixture), which Olesa describes as "A workout plan for your skin cells!" This amazing product starts at the cellular level to produce beautiful, healthy skin using four key ingredients:
○ The first and most important ingredient is (.05 percent) tretinoin. This prescription-strength percentage of retinoids stimulates the formation of new collagen for thicker, healthier skin and exfoliates the outermost layer to reduce the appearance of dark spots.
○ The second ingredient is Astragalus IV, which is a concentrated nutrient that protects cells from being damaged during cell division and slows the aging process.
○ Grape seed extract is the third ingredient in the mixture: a powerful antioxidant 300 times stronger than Vitamin C that prevents free radicals from damaging the collagen and elastin fibers in your skin.
○ The fourth and final ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which binds moisture to the tissues to soften, tone, and rehydrate the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Vital A Fusion is, as Olesa says, like a workout plan for your skin cells and may take six to eight months of usage to condition your skin and see the full results. For the first two to three months this product should be applied to the skin every third night to build your skin's tolerance and resistance. Peeling and irritation may occur during this time as the newly generated cells cause the old cells to slough off. After the first few months of use, the frequency for applying this product can be gradually increased to every other night for a minimum of two months before it can be applied nightly. Once your skin has been reconditioned and new, healthy skin is apparent, Vital A Fusion can be applied every few nights to maintain vibrant, youthful skin.
If you are interested in a skin care consultation in the Nashville area, please call (615) 321-5505. Flawless, beautiful skin is only a phone call away!
All Dermal Fillers are Not Created Equal
Monday January 5th, 2015